Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Letter to Yuvi


I have always loved cricket and it became an addiction after I started to watch Mark Waugh in his yellow jersey.
 
Years passed by and I became a die-hard fan of Indian cricket team and was waiting for the day when India will lift the World Cup. Then came the day and India with all pride and hard work lifted the world cup I was a proud Indian fan. The Hero was Yuvraj Singh.

The way he played showed the temperament and courage. The way he fielded showed how badly he wanted the cup. The way he bowled showed he was willing to even try the areas where he was not an expertise. The moment when he cried showed the little boy inside him who wanted to lift the world cup. Yuvi became the Hero in front of the little master.

Soon he was diagnosed with malignant tumour which was in the initial stages thanks to the early diagnostics. Lance Armstrong overcame the same kind of cancer which was in the critical stage and went on to become 7 time Tour De france champion and when he wrote to Yuvi to get well that is when I realised how important Yuvi is to us. 

Yuvraj has always been a fighter and was regarded for the same. From 2009 he had a very bad run but did not give up he came back to the Indian cricket team and won the world cup. He had numerous bad reputations for his flings and partying hard. I do not care about it. He gave his heart and soul when India asked him. He delivered the Gold mine when India needed the most.

When people said Yuvi has lost his touch, lost his passion, his career has gone for a toss he never gave up. He came back strongly with a determined heart to fight back which he did and emerged as a winner.  I know for a fact he is going to fight this tumour and he is going to get back to the nets with the vigour and attitude which no one can ever dare to see.

Yuvi!! We need you back. It gave inspiration to many of us and to the nation. We still remember your century against Australia at Sydney. Times might change there are few things which can never be changed.
Yuvi this is for you…. There are millions of players who have achieved feats which no one has achieved but it does not matter to me. There are millions of celebrities who have come back from downhill it does not matter to me. There are millions of people who have battled trials and tribulations in their life it does not matter to me. Yuvi all I am asking is we need you out in the field. I know you are going to make it in few months and you are going to come with aggressiveness and dedications but this time I, We as a nation want you to be a role model rather than being a Hero. 

You have already inspired us in many ways and I appreciate it deep within my heart, this is not a mere article or a blog or to get some attention. This is Out of pure passion for cricket which I carry within me.
Yuvi come back with a bang, Come back and show the world there is more cricket in you, Come back and add strength to our team, Come back and slam boundaries, Come back and hit the ball out of the park.


We all Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment